Wednesday, April 1, 2009

At 'Unemployment Olympics,' they go for the silver lining


What a great way to spend an afternoon! An event dedicated towards networking in the unemployment market turned into something I think I would have had a blast participating in. Throwing phones, pinning the blame (tail) on the boss, and hitting pinatas definitely brings back some of the great memories I have as a child and maybe that is just the kind of relief the New Yorkers needed when they put this event together. It is amazing to me how creative people can get once they have lost their jobs because I think the creation of an unemployment Olympics is a great idea. Venting off in a productive manner through silly games like these is much better than letting the stressful job market get the best of you. Finding ways to make due with what you have and by continuing to look for work is probably very difficult with the economy spiraling like it is today and I can definitely see how frustrating it must be for many individuals whose whole lives were built around their job and with the market no longer available, they have to try something else.

No comments: