Friday, April 24, 2009

In His Majesty's Secret Service..see what i did there?

This morning King Abdullah of Jordan came to NBC Washington to record a pre-tape for Sunday’s episode of Meet the Press. I quickly realized how odd it would be to meet royalty…i never thought I would have to use the words ‘your majesty’ in earnest. Today, however, was different from most MTP tapings. I never entered the set, in fact, I never entered the green room. This morning I was given the unusual assignment of guarding the King’s private bathroom. After the cleaning crews left and spruced the bathroom up to royal proportions, I took my noble post with strict instructions to let noone in. Among the people I turned down: Deputy Bureau Chief for NBC News and Chris Matthews..none of the people were particularly enthused with the idea of going to a different bathroom, however, all were amused by the King’s commandeering of the washroom. Finally, fifteen minutes in, I was graced by his majesty himself as he shook my hand and introduced himself before using the royal facilities. Now surrounded by secret service officials and the King’s personal guards I held my post. When the king was done doing his thing he thanked me and left. I remained steadfast at my post until the taping was over to make sure ruffians like Matthews didn’t try to take the King’s ‘throne’.

its 6pm...time to leave

1 comment:

TJE said...

Dare I say a royal flush.