Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh, Roland...

Prominant author, Jeffery Toobin wrote a New Yorker profile on Roland Burris called 'The Replacement'. I don't think it is an unfair portrayal. From what I've heard he's just kinda crazy, well intentioned...but crazy. Anyway, its pretty interesting. I mean, the guy put his study abroad time in Hamberg on his tombstone as one of his 'accomplishments'.

This is what Burris has to say about his extravagent gravesite..

'Burris told me that it was the cemetery’s managers who persuaded him to build the mausoleum. “It was their insistence,” he said. “ ‘Because this is not so much for you, Roland.’ And I didn’t even think about people thinking about my ego. This is for young people who can see a person who had accomplishments.” '

On another note, how many of the 91,000,000 questions do you think Obama will answer during his 20 min. webchat?

I think....3.

No comments: