Friday, March 27, 2009

Has Obama-mania reached its limit?

Is President Obama losing some of his appeal and zest with the public? Thinking about what he has done over his short term in office, it seems like he is everywhere and trying to reach as many people as he can. As we read with Charles Jones, the permanent campaign does not always suceed nor should it be one of the main tactics used to increase support for the president's political goals. Personally, I like the fact that President Obama did his March Madness bracket because when I beat him in it, I know that I was able to accomplish something better than the President. That is the fun side of what the president has done. I still like hearing what his plans for the nation are in his press conferences and late night talk show gigs, but sometimes it is a bit too much for me when I go into a store and see every magazine with his picture on the front. Yes, President Obama has a tremendous audience to reach and it is lofty of him to go after explaining things to the public through ads and emails, but it is starting to get a bit annoying when it even reaches me at the office. All day long people call in asking for support in passing Obama budget and they read an email that the administration's team sent out. I don't mind people have that opinion, but when I am trying to get work done at the office and people just keep calling in about the same thing with the same words, it has gotten on my nerves a few times this week. I understand politically how Obama wants to keep his base loyal to him and help his fellow Democrats get reelected, but maybe a little less publicity could do the administration some good.

No comments: