Tuesday, March 31, 2009

UCSD sends welcome e-mail to rejected students


I cannot even imagine a situation like this occurring to me. To receive an email admitting acceptance into an academic institution is one the best accomplishments that a person can achieve during their lifetime and to cause a distressing situation like this must be traumatic to those involved. I know that many of the individuals probably got into other schools and so it is not a problem for them, but for those who unfortunately have not been accepted anywhere else it has to have been a major disappointment. Computer errors are things that I could see as honest mistakes and I would be willing to accept an apology. However, I can definitely see the importance of ensuring that these types of things do not happen on a regular basis or on such a large scale. Let's just hope that Hamilton doesn't allow for a mistake like this to set off unneeded hysteria and confusion for potential incoming students.

No comments: