Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bush to throw out first pitch


Despite the unproductive seasons the Texas Rangers have displayed in the past few years, President Bush is making the team a household name again at least for one night with his decision to throw out the first pitch on opening day. One of my favorite memories of the 2001 World Series when my team the Arizona Diamondbacks won was when President Bush threw out the opening pitch at Yankee Stadium. The perfect throw with the eagle flying in the sky made me and most of the nation feel invincible over the threat of terrorism that had taken over the country on 9/11. We stood united if not for the love of the game, then at least for how perfect the moment was in World Series history. Although President Bush threw a badly aimed pitch last year to open the Washington Nationals season debut, he will have his chance to redeem himself and show how baseball helped turn his life around for the better. It goes to show that even if the many people in the country dislike the President's actions, at least Texas still has his back when it matters and if things go right he may even end up back in the ownership ranks of the Rangers in due time.

4 comments:

Sanjana Nafday said...

I always wondered whether you still call an ex-president, the President. I don't think you do.

Katie Donlevie said...

you call him "Mr. President" still, and "President Bush" but I think it's "the former President."

Sanjana Nafday said...

Cool! Good to know.

Anonymous said...

As a baseball fan, I have the opportunity to learn about Diamondbacks my best team , including getting the latest news, schedules and also watching their hottest videos .all this is within a touch in an interesting website I lately discovered:
http://www.dbackszone.com