Friday, March 16, 2012

The Road They are Telling Us We Have Traveled

I have found this piece of Propaganda quite interesting and worth taking a look at. It highlights the "achievements" of President Obama in the last four years in a seventeen minute video and was posted on his campaign website and his Youtube Channel. Now he is certainly very good at media and getting his messages across, but it is really unbelievable to watch... You really need to take it with a grain of salt. The producer of the short film, Davis Guggeheim and CNN's Piers Morgan had the following interaction while discussing the documentary in an interview.. I thought that this was pretty typical:






CNN's Piers Morgan: "Most documentary makers balance these movies with the negative as well as the positive. What are the negatives in your movie about Barack Obama?"
Davis Guggenheim: "Well, I mean the negative for me was there were too many accomplishments. I had 17 minutes to put them all in there."
Morgan: "Oh, come off it! You can't say that with a straight face. Come on."
Guggenheim: "I'm looking at you right now with a straight face. I mean, look --"
Morgan: "The only negativity about Barack Obama is there are too many positives?"

Morgan: "How much did it cost and who paid?"
Guggenheim: "Well, I'll let the campaign tell you that. I -- you know, I took a pay cut to make this. But the --"
Morgan: "I'm surprised you weren't paying him, by the sound of it, for the sheer honor and joy." (CNN's "
Piers Morgan Tonight," 3/8/12)






You really don't have to be a rocket scientist to notice the blantant problems with the Obama administration, and this is just another example of the rediculous and blind "Obama can do no wrong" attitude that many individuals possess. Obama rides this all of the time, even when he is making mistakes, passing wasteful bills that Americans do not want, and not fulfilling any of his promises. He is clearly playing a 1984 style 'are you better off than you were four years ago card', but I really think America is significantly worse off. Yes the economy does seem to be turning around a bit, but as Paddy McGuire stated it is out of luck that the economy is improving. At this point Obama is really lucky the economy is improving which is what actually determines elections.. we will see if the trend continues through November... if it does not, I really do believe he is in serious trouble (and he should be, he does not deserve another term despite what the 'documentary' states).




Please enjoy the movie trailer, I think it is quite entertaining..






No comments: