Wednesday, February 8, 2012

That took CA waaaay to long

A funny video regarding Prop 8 (in response to Will's post). I was in 12th grade when Prop 8 was being voted on, and i remember there being a lot of protesting for both sides in the street. Additionally, in relation to Patchwork Nation and the chapter on the Mormon Outposts, the authors mentioned the influx of money into the CA to support the Prop 8 campaign. I can unequivocally attest that that is exactly what happened...which seems a little questionable in my opinion when money from Utah can be used to sway another states internal politics.

As a Californian, I am so incredibly pleased with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Decisions. Proposition 8 is unconstitutional. Unfortunately I am sure the case will eventually make it to the Supreme Court, where I hope the ruling remains the same, although only time will tell.

No comments: