Monday, April 4, 2011

Bob Parsons, CEO of GoDaddy.com, Defends KILLING Elephants...


So basically Bob Parsons killed an elephant and then took pictures after that show him sitting on top of it with his rifle in hand. Then, he says how this was a good deed which helped the people of the community by not only driving the elephants away from the crops but also providing meat to the villagers. Does anyone else find any flaws in his logic? He is right in that I have never been to this place nor am I privy to the conditions in the village but I find it very hard to believe that taking pictures of dead elephants is really contributing to a charitable cause.

2 comments:

Julia G said...

This is pretty horrible. I guess Bob Parsons' defenders could argue that what he did is similar to the organized deer hunts that we have here (they do them occassionally in New Jersey). But killing a single elephant and then taking a picture posed on top of it seems more like sport to me than something actually constructive.

Megan said...

I suggest we all get rid of our GoDaddy.com memberships ASAP!