Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Visit to 'McPherson Square City': "Who Declared War on Free Speech?"

About a week ago, students of Hamilton's Semester-in-Washington for the Fall of 2011--led by our Fearless Leader, Professor Ted Eismeier, paid a 'courtesy call' on Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY's 24th District). While with the good Rep. Hanna, I asked him what he thought of the Occupy Wall Street, DC, etc. protests. He had a somewhat positive view of the protests and in his answer, he asked me to "get out of the suit and join them" (jokingly though). I am happy to report that I heeded the Representative's call and 'joined' my Occupy DC 'brothers and sisters' at McPherson Square to 'solidarize with them.' While with them, I took some pictures of their 'mini McPherson Square city.' Please find pictures below.

(Disclaimer: The words on the placards are NOT representative of my views)
Big Signpost welcoming 'visitors'

A Picture on one of the tents
Some Posters

A make-shift Clinic/Health Center




Various Placards and their Inscriptions

A Library for Protestors

Writings At the Back of the Library Sign
A Kitchen, from which free food is served
The End...

(Disclaimer: Again, the words on the placards are NOT representative of my views)

1 comment:

TJE said...

Power to the People!