Thursday, October 27, 2011

Obama's Mortgage Plan

Personally I like this plan and I am happy to see the administration taking steps to help heavily indebted borrowers refinance their mortgages. However I am concerned that Obama passed this via executive order. I am wary of legislating through executive order. Our Constitution clearly gave Congress the ability to pass laws and I think that in recent years the executive has over-stepped their bounds by taking a lot of liberty with executive orders (whether it be Obama with mortgage changes or Bush with his national security executive orders that allowed for increased surveillance and extradition of suspected terrorists). Presidential executive orders are on the rise and I do not think this is what the framers had in mind when they designed our democracy. What does everyone else think?

No comments: