Thursday, May 7, 2009

In CVC, lawmakers need GPS

I found this story quite funny given my history in the CVC over the semester. I have had many similar experiences as some of the members of Congress in navigating through the CVC to get to where I needed to be. Every time I went over I did not have a problem finding my location or way around the building, but getting back to the House office buildings was quite a difficult task. Luckily the Capitol police were always nice enough to lend a helping hand and guide me in the right direction. I think the signage with directions could be improved, but the main way to really navigate through the CVC is just exploring and getting used to all the ins and outs of it. It is such a nice place in terms of design and layout that I often got consumed just by looking around at all of the different features. The meeting rooms are huge and on one occasion I spent ten minutes just going around a room admiring its artwork and architecture. Even though I visited the CVC frequently, I still gained a new perspective every time I walked through it and that made my experience even better.

No comments: