Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Tribute in the Newseum

Reading the New York Times this morning, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said, "We can never unsee what happened here." This quote struck a chord in me and I decided to upload these images. You may think to yourself, uploading an image isn't difficult. However, the events of 9/11 has impressed on my mind an experience of raw emotion, feelings of anguish and terror. In some way, shape or form we have all seen these images and experienced ourselves suddenly grieving over those lost in the attacks. Yes, I will never unsee what happened on 9/11 and these difficult feelings will always be with me. But, I hold solace in the fact that on this day, our nation pauses, reflects and unbeknownst to you, the person standing next to you is looking at the same azure sky, thinking the same thing.

From the 9/11 Tribute at the Washington, D.C. Newseum


No comments: