Monday, January 23, 2012

Knute for Newt

I enjoy reading the Economist because I think it highlights issues that many American news sources gloss over.  The statistics in this article on Gingrich were awfully interesting, and I agree with their assessment that Mitt might need to take a bolder line if he is going to become the nominee.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/01/south-carolina-primary-1

As an Obama supporter, I fear Mitt the most because I think most moderates (myself included) agree with a lot of what he has to say.  With Confidence Men fresh in my head, I think someone who is clearly an exceptional manager will attract voters, as well.  So I'm sitting back and cheering for Newt.  His resurgence might make Romney focus more heavily on "Conservative" issues rather than the economics, etc, that are his strong suit.  If that happens, the President will have an easier time of branding Romney as a candidate who will be hamstrung by his exceptionally conservative base and unable to represent most moderate Americans. 


1 comment:

John Smith said...

I agree with you Newt, The Economist is sweet.