Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hold Obama to His Word!


Obama should be held to his word. He suggested that if the economy did not turn around during his administration that he would be held accountable by the American people. We have not seen significant economic "change" since he took office. Should we just allow him to slip by and say "oh I made a mistake" or "sorry I was wrong, please let me have another term and I'll see what I can do?" I don't think that in this economic environment we can afford to give people second chances such as this. With such a monumental failure to remedy the economy and at such a huge cost to the American debt/deficit I think electing Obama for a second term is fiscally dangerous. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, when Obama took office in January of 2009 the unemployment level that month was 7.8%. Since then the unemployment rate has never dropped below 8.2%, with that only happening once. During the majority of his time in office, the unemployment rate has been above 9%. Only in recent months have we seen it even out at around 9% consistently. This is still 1.2% greater than the unemployment rate in the country when Obama first took office.
I believe that we have not seen the "change" that Obama promised. With this in mind I don't see how it could be prudent for the American people to take another four year gamble to see if Obama can pull through.

No comments: