Wednesday, November 23, 2011

J. Edgar Movie Review


Personally, I thought the movie was pretty good. I was impressed by the way Leonardo DiCAprio was able to portray the rough and tough side of Hoover while also showing how paranoid he really was.

However, there were a couple of things I thought the movie could have done better.
Personally, I feel that the movie could have been better if it avoided the constant flashbacks. I am glad we read the book before hand, since it helped me organize the events in my head. I can see why some viewers might have given this movie a bad rating.

Another issue I had with this movie was the way it focused more on Hoover’s heroic side than his dark side. Throughout the whole movie I was waiting to see the part where Hoover betrays the German spies, the ones who helped him prevent national disasters.

One thing that surprised me was learning that Hoover had some strong feelings for Ms. Gandy at the start of his career.

I was also struck by the way the Hoover’s house looked. It’s exactly what I envisioned it to be when I read the book.

Lastly, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Tolson. I feel the movie did a great job showing how much affection he had for Hoover.

Overall, I would give this movie a B+

No comments: