Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Boss, Health Care, and President Obama

Bob Greenstein, Executive Director of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (where I am interning) gave a speech today at Obama's fiscal responsibility summit. It's really neat to see the organization adapting to the new administration.

I was also intrigued by the stance that Obama took with his choice of speakers at the summit; many of them deliberately tied the budget deficit into health care reform, arguing that the savings of a reformed system are necessary to keep us from long-term budget "explosion." Looks like we know what the next item on the legislative agenda will be... health care, justified by the recession and deficits. It's a very clever tactic.

Disclaimer: In this post, as with all my others, my views are my own and unrelated to those of the Center.

No comments: